To identify the effectiveness of plyometric exercises to improve muscular strength and achievement in shot put event by students (20-22 years old). The researchers used an experimental method; the sample was formed by students belonging to the institute of physical education & sports, University of Mostaganem (Algeria). Thus it was the application of the experimental method was applied on a sample of third-year students (males) of 45 students divided into two groups, first control group of 22 students and an experimental group of 23 students. While the tests used were (strength test, achievement test). After the treatment of the results by statistical means, and through these results it have been reached several conclusions of them, plyometric Exercises to develop muscular strength and achievement in shot put [discussion significant difference (*p≤0.05)]. And best improve of the experimental sample based on plyometric exercises compared to the control sample, which rely more on the technical side only in shot put event.
- Rob Lasorsa, James Peterson, 101 Shot Put Drills, US: Coaches Choice, (2008).
- V.M. Zatziorsky, Science and practice of strength training. Champaign, Il. US: Human Kinetics, (1995).
- L.W. Judge, Developing speed and strength: Inseason training program for the collegiate thrower, US: National Strength and Condition Association, (2007).
- L.W. Judge, C. Moreau, J. Burke, Neural adaptations with sport specific resistance training in high skilled athletes, Journal of Sport Science, 21 (2003) 419-427.
- Mohammed Awad, The Effect of Functional Resistance Drills Using Elastic Band On Some of Physical and Kinematic Variables On Release Phase in Javelin Throw Event, Journal of Applied Sport, 5 (2015) 1-10.
- M. Howcar Salar Ahmed, The contribution of some of the muscle strength and its relationship to accurately passes (short, medium and long) to the football players to the category of young people, Sciences Journal of Physical Education, 4 (2011) 1-22.
- Tiana. Weiss, Jerica Kreitinger, Hilary Wilde, Chris Wiora, Michelle Steege Lance Dalleck, Jeffrey Janot, Effect of Functional Resistance Training on Muscular Fitness Outcomes in Young Adults, Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness, 8 (2010) 113–122.
- D. George, L.R. Bryan, M. Robert, Current concepts of plyometric exercise, International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 10(6) (2015) 760–786.
- National Soccer Coaches Associatin of America. Soccer Coaching Bible. US: Human Kinetics, (2004).
- R. Baechle, & W. Earle, Essentials of strength training and conditioning. 2nd Ed, National strength and conditioning association. USA: Human Kinetics, (2000).
- Rahimi, R. and N. Behpur, The effects of plyometric, weight and plyometric weighttraining on anaerobic power and muscular strength, Physical Education and Sports, 3 (2005) 81-91.
- L. Malisoux, M. Francaux, H. Nielens, and D. Theisen, Stretch-shortening cycle exercises: An effective training paradigm to enhance power output of human single muscle fibers, Journal of Applied Physiology, 100 (2006) 771– 779.
- A. Potteiger Jeffrey, H. Lockwood, Robert, D. Haub, Mark, A. Dolezal, Brett, S. Almuzaini, Khalid, M. Schroeder,M. Jan, J. Zebas, Carole, Muscular power and fiber characteristics following 8 weeks of plyometric training, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 13 (1999) 275-279.
- D.A. Chu Jumping into plyometrics, 2nd edition Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL(1998).
- V.R.A. Marginson, Comparison of the symptoms of exercise-induced muscle damage after an initial and repeated bout of plyometric exercise in men and boys, Journal of Applied Physiology, 99 (2005) 1174-1181.
- K. Thomas, D. French, and P.R. Hayes, The effect of plyometric training techniques on muscular power and agility in youth soccer players, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 23(2009) 332–335.
- Benzidane houcine, Effect of proposed physical exercises on some elements of the physical performance and digital achievement in shot put effectiveness, Journal of Applied Sports Science, Egypt, 77(2013) 56-80.
- Nikolaos Zaras, Konstantinos Spengos, Spyridon Methenitis, Constantinos Papadopoulos, Giorgos Karampatsos, Giorgos Georgiadis, Aggeliki Stasinaki, Panagiota Manta and Gerasimos Terzis, Effects of Strength vs. Ballistic-Power Training on Throwing Performance, Journal of Physical Education and Sports Science, 12 (2013) 130- 137.
- Ahmed Bastawissi, Fundamentals and sports training theories. Cairo: Arab thought House, (1997).
- Ioannis G. Fatouros, Athanasios Z. Jamurtas, D. Leontsini, Kyriakos Taxildaris, N. Aggelousis, N. Kostopoulos and Philip Buckenmeyer. Evaluation of Plyometric Exercise Training, Weight Training, and Their Combination on Vertical Jumping Performance and Leg Strength, Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 14 (2000) 470-476.
- G. Terzis, G. Georgiadis, E. Vassiliadou, P. Manta, Relationship between shot put performance and triceps brachii fiber type composition and power production, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 90 (2003) 10–15.
- N. Kawamori, G. Haff, The optimal training load for the development of muscular power, Journal of Strength and Condition Research, 18 (2004) 675-684.
- Z. Nikolaos, S. Konstantinos, M. Spyridon, P. Constantinos, K. Giorgos, G. Giorgos, S. Aggeliki, M. Panagiota, T. Gerasimos, Effects of Strength vs. Ballistic-Power Training on Throwing Performance, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 1 (2013) 130–137.
- H. Benzidane, H. Benssikadour, D. Mokrani, Effects of Plyometrics Training to Improve a Physical Capacity and Athletic Performance to High School Students (17-18) Years Old, American Journal of Sports Science, 3 (2015) 98-102.
- S. Kamal, Effect of functional strength training on performance level of shot but. Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education and Sport, Science, Movement and Health, 16 (2016) 98-102.
- Sam J. Allen, Mark A. King, Maurice R. Yeadon. Trade-offs between horizontal and vertical velocities during triple jumping and the effect on phase distances, Journal of Biomechanics, 46 (2013) 979–983.
- Mehdi Kadhim Ali, Effect of the plyometric training and weight training to develop the explosive strength and rapid force to improve the performance in shot put, Journal of Physical Education and Sports Science, 2 (2002) 7-22.
- C.A. Labuber, The Effect of plyometrics training on selected measures of leg strength and power when compared to weight training, Unpublished MA Dissertation centered Michigan Univ, (1993).
- H. Bensikaddour, H. Benzidane, Ahmed Benklaouz. T.D. Mokrani, The effect of using plyometric exercises to improve some physical abilities and performance in triple jump, The Swedish Journal of Scientific Research, 2 (2015) 53-61.