The author presents an attempt at joining the concepts of intelligence by R.B. Cattell and attention by R.M. Nideffer, and including them into a system of a motor operation production, from stimulus reception through movements’ execution. Such a system may be presented as the movements’ management matrix. Joining the two-dimensional concept of attention by Nideffer and one-dimensional concept of intelligence by Cattell results with creation of a three-dimensional model of intellect. The latter makes the central component of the “main production unit” of a motor operation, consisting of three “working” mechanisms (attention, intellect, and foresight) and two auxiliary ones (motivation and decision). Author presents the model of a three-dimensional intellect in the context of the movements’ management matrix and the modalities’ ladder, based on theory by N.A. Bernstein.
- A. Wohl, Słowo a ruch. Z zagadnień motoryczności ludzkiej (Word and movement. The selected issues of theory of human motoricity), (1965), Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego, Warsaw (in Polish)
- R.B. Cattell, Intelligence: its structure, growth and action, Elsevier Science Publishers B.V.Amsterdam, (1987) New York: NorthHolland.
- M. Heller, Podróże z filozofią w tle (Travels with philosophy in the background), (2014), Znak, Krakow, (in Polish).
- W. Petryński, Motor control in humans: a systemtheoretical approach, (2016), Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, NY.
- W. Petryński, Formation of the sensorimotor operation pattern from a system-theoretical perspective, International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports, 7(2) (2018), 30- 42.
- J.M. Morawski, Człowiek i technologia. Sekrety wzajemnych uwarunkowań (Human and technology. The secrets of mutual relations), (2005), Pultusk Academy of Humanities, Pułtusk (in Polish).
- R.M. Nideffer, Test of attentional and interpersonal style, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 34 (1976) 394-404.
- J.J. Gibson, The senses considered as perceptual system, Greenwood Press, Westport, CT (1983).
- L.P. Latash, M.L. Latash, A new book by N. A. Bernstein: "On dexterity and its development, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 26 (1994) 56-62.
- N.A. Bernstein, O postroyenii dvizheniy (On construction of movements), (1947) Medgiz, Moscow.
- A. Clark, Microcognition. Philosophy, cognitive science and parallel distributed processing, MIT Press Cambridge, (1989) MA, United States of America.
- N.A. Bernstein, O lovkosti i jejo razvitii (On dexterity and its development), Fizkultura i sport, (1991) Moscow (in Russian).
- I.M.Feigenberg, W. Petryński, Pamięć przeszłości – podstawa prawdopodobnego przewidywania przyszłości (Memory of the past for probabilistic prognosis of the future), Antropomotoryka, 34 (2018) 17-32.
- I. Barrow, Geometrical lectures of Isaac Barrow, Cosimo Inc, (2008), New York, NY.
- G.V. Coyne, M. Heller, A comprehensible universe, Springer Verlag, (2008) New York, NY.
- A. Hotz, Qualitatives Bewegungslernen (Qualitative motor learning), (1997), Verlag Schweizerischer Verband für Sport in der Schule SVSS, Bern (in German).