Research on the Motivation and Attitude of College students' Physical Education in Taiwan
- College students' physical education,
- Learning attitude,
- Learning motivation,
- Health fitness
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
College students' physical education plays an important role in physical activity and cultivates the concept of independent health management. At present, what kind of learning attitude do Taiwan college students face in physical education? What motivation does the student influence the attitude of the physical education? What is the relevance? All of the above are the purpose of this study. The research method adopts the questionnaire survey method, and the survey data adopts descriptive statistical analysis, independent sample t test, single factor variance analysis, LSD post hoc comparison method, and typical correlation analysis. Research results: 1. The different background variables of Taiwanese college students are that the main motivation factor of physical education is to obtain good health fitness for "physical health". 2. Taiwanese college students have different background variables. They all think that the "cognitive learning" of physical education is the main factor of attitude, that is, the knowledge about health care and sports skills. 3. There is a positive correlation between learning motivation and learning attitude (ρ=.90). Learning motivation is one of the important factors affecting learning attitude. Research conclusions: 1. The factors of Taiwanese male and female college students' motivation for learning in physical education are mainly based on "physical health". 2. Freshmen have higher motivations and learning attitudes in physical education than second-grade to fourth-grade. 3. Taiwan female college students average 1 or 2 times per week, male college students have the most athletes 2 to 3 times per week, more than 90% of college students like sports. 4. There is a positive correlation between learning motivation and learning attitude, indicating that the stronger the attribute of learning motivation "physical health", the higher the student's learning attitude. 5. Satisfying students' motivation for learning helps students to learn positively. 6. Another important task of the college physical education class is to prepare students for future lifelong sports.
- M. Roig, S. Nordbrandt, S. S. Geertsen, J. B. Nielsen, The effect of cardiovascular exercise on human memory: A review with meta-analysis, Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 37 (2013) 1645-1666.
- W. B. Xie, The study of college students' participation in physical education curriculum in sports attitude and learning motivation, Journal of NSports Health and Leisure, 12 (2013) 26-39.
- J. B. Chen, (2014). Research on the factors and learning satisfaction of the elective physical education curriculum of students of National Taiwan University of Science and Technology. (has not published a master's thesis, Taipei, University of Taipei of Physical Education Department of Physical Education Master's degree in service training.
- C. L. Bryan, M. A. Solmon, Student motivation in physical education and engagement in physical activity, Journal of Sport Behavior, 35 (2012) 267 -285.
- SA. Mustafa, Y. Aminuddin, M. S. Parilah, Mediating role of academic attitude on sports participation and academic performance, International Journal of Physical Education Sports and Health, 3 (2016) 306-309.
- E. L. Deci, R. M. Ryan, The “what” and “why” of goal pursuits: Human needs and the self-determination of behavior, Psychological Inquiry, 11 (2000) 227-268.
- D. Siedentop, P. A. Hastie, H. Van der Mars, (2004) Complete guide to sport education, Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 7
- J. N. Chen, S. N. Tsai, College students participate in the study of Motivation in physical education, Journal of Sport and Health Science (JSHS), 8 (2009) 127-133.
- W. Z. Lin, (2009). Discussion on the factors in the selection of physical education courses for college students in colleges and universities. 2009 National Taipei University of Education Sports Academic Seminar (pp. 157-164). Taipei: National Taipei University of Education. 9
- F. S. Hsu, College students take the study of learning motivation, learning satisfaction and learning effectiveness in swimming lessons, Journal of Physical Education, 9 (2010) 66-83.
- W. X. Xie, L. Q. Ye, (2011) Research on the motivation, attitude and exercise behavior of college students in physical education classes, the poster of the thesis was published in the 2011 annual conference and academic conference of sports academic groups, 277. Taipei: Taiwan Normal University.
- J. L. Lee, Study on the influence of learning motivation of badminton courses of Chung Hwa University of Medical Technology on retraining willingness, Journal of Chinese Medical Sciences, 39 (2013) 123-142.
- M. X. Huang, (2013) Study on physical fitness - learning motivation and sports attitude of female college students in northern Taiwan, The National Institute of Physical Education has not published a master's degree, Taoyuan, Taiwan.
- S. C. Hong, Investigation and research on motivation of students' physical education in Lunghwa University of Science and Technology, Lunghwa University of Science and Technology, 34 (2014) 109-122.
- M. Arif, A. Baiju, S. Joseph, Attitude of college students towards physical education and sports, International Journal of Physical Education, 4 (2011) 45-52
- M. H. Reda, M. M. Ahmad, Students opinions and attitudes towards physical education classes in KUWAIT public schools, Journal of College Student Development, 46 (2012) 550-566.
- Y. Y. Tsai, Q. X. Xu, Research on the sports attitude of Jenteh Junior College of Medicine, Nursing and Management students, Journal of Physical Education, 39 (2006) 57-66.
- H. M. Liu, M. H. Huang, M. Y. Huang, Research on physical education attitude and learning motivation of college students in physical education, Sports and Exercise Research, (2006) 116-121.
- G. X. Chen, C. G. Liu, X. D. Zhuang, Research on the current situation of The elective behavior of college physical education courses, Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 8 (2009) 17-35.