As the main objective, this research work had to compare pre and post complex training effects on body composition in elite handball players in the Spanish 2nd Division. Eleven players were included in the study. Six of them formed an experimental group, and 5 of them the control group. They have undergone the complex training session which was done once a week. The following parameters were analyzed: BMI (Body Mass Index), somatotype, FM (Fat Mass), MM (Muscle mass), RM (Residual Mass), WHR (Waist to Hip Ratio), BM (Bone Mass). The results have shown that there was a not statistically significant difference after the 6 – week program neither in body composition and somatotypes. Since this program did not have a big influence on body composition we could say that complex training influences body composition should be further researched.
- S.C. Povoas, A.A. Ascensao, J. Magalhaes, A.F. Seabra, P. Krustrup, J.M. Soares, A.N. Rebelo, Physiological demands of elite team handball with special reference to playing position, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 28 (2014) 430-442.
- P.T. Nikolaidis, J. Ingebrigtsen, Physical and physiological characteristics of elite male handball players from teams with a different ranking, Journal of Human Kinetics, 38 (2013) 115-124.
- S. Pavlović, M. Talović, E. Kazazović, R. Lakota, Analysis and Differences in the Basic Motor and Situational Motor Abilities between Female Handball Players in the Bih First Federal League and the First League of the Republika Srpska, Sportlogia, 9 (2013) 129-133.
- A. Martinez-Rodriguez, E. Roche Collado, N. Vicente-Salar, Body composition assessment of paddle and tennis adult male players, Nutricion Hospitalaria, 31 (2015) 1294-1301.
- Kevin Norton, Michaell Marfell-Jones, Nansy Whittingham, Deborah Kerr, Lindsay Carter, Kaylene Saddington, et al. Anthropometric Assessment Protocols. In: Gore CJ, editor. Physiological Test for Elite Athletes 2000.
- H. Ghobadi, H. Rajabi, B. Farzad, M. Bayati, I. Jeffreys, Anthropometry of World-Class Elite Handball Players According to the Playing Position: Reports From Men's Handball World Championship 2013, Journal of Human Kinetics, 39 (2013) 213-220.
- V. Srhoj, M. Marinović, N. Rogulj, Position Specific Morphological Characteristics of TopLevel Male Handball Players, Journal of the Croatian Anthropological Society, 26 (2002) 219-27.
- G.G. Haff, N.T. Triplett, Exercise Technique for Free Weight and Machine Training. In: S. Caulfield, Berninger. D, editors. Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning Human Kinetics; 2016. p. 352.
- M. Marfell-Jones, A. Stewart, T. Olds, Kinanthropometry IX 1st ed. London: Routledge; 2006.
- R.F. Castillo, de la Rosa RJ. Relation between body mass index and bone mineral density among haemodialysis patients with chronic kidney disease, Journal of Renal Care, 35 Suppl 1 (2009) 57-64.
- P.A. KaurTiwana, Comparative Study of Anthropometric Measurements, Physique and Body Composition of Intervarsity level Jumper Girls, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 3 (2004) 186-193.
- J.M. János Mészáros, T. Szabó, I. Szmodis, Anthropometry and competitive sport in Hungary, Acta Biologica Szegediensis, 44 (2000) 189-192.
- D.N.G. Nandakumar, Impact of Plyometric Training and Complex Training on Selected Physical Fitness Variables in College Men’s Handball, International Research Journal of Multidisciplinary Science & Technology, 1 (2016) 129-131.
- A.A.A. Hasan, J.A. Rahaman, N.T. Cable, T. Reilly, Anthropometric profile of Elite Male Handball Players in Asia, Biology of Sport, 24 (2007) 3-12.