This study aims to investigate the relationship between linear speed, agility and reaction time in amateur football players. Totally 15 male amateur soccer players with an average age of 20.00 ± 1.309 (years), average height 1.78 ± 0.058 (m), bodyweight average 70.05 ± 6.300 (kg) and body mass index average 22.18 ± 1.525 (kg / m2) voluntarily participated in the research. All participants completed a test battery involving linear sprinting (10, 20, 30 m), agility test (T test) and reaction time test. Fitlight TrainerTM device was used in all experiments. Pearson correlation analysis was performed to determine the relationship between linear speed, agility and reaction time. As a result of the investigation, statistically significant positive relationships were found between the reaction time and 10 m and 20 m linear speed, between agility and 20 m and 30 m linear speed, between 10 m and 20 m linear speed and between 20 m and 30 m linear speed ( p <0.05). As a result, according to this study, it can be said that features such as linear speed, agility and reaction time are related to each other in amateur soccer players.
- İrge Şener, Ahmet Anıl Karapolatgil, Rules of the Game: Strategy in Football Industry, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 207 (2015) 10-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.10.143
- K. Göral, Ö. Saygın, G.B. İrez, Profesyonel futbolcuların oynadıkları mevkilere göre görsel ve işitsel reaksiyon sürelerinin incelenmesi, Selçuk University Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science, 14 (2012) 5-11.
- B. Marancı, S. Müniroğlu, Futbol kalecileri ile diğer mevkilerde bulunan oyuncuların motorik özellikleri, reaksiyon zamanları ve vücut yağ yüzdelerinin karşılaştırılması, Gazi Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 6 (2001) 13-26.
- K.D. Dodd, T.J. Newans, Talent identification for soccer: Physiological aspects, Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 21 (2018) 1073-1078. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2018.01.009
- T. Atan, P. Akyol, Reaction times of different branch athletes and correlation between reaction time parameters, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 116 (2014) 2886-2889. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.01.674
- J. Matláka, L. Ráczb, J. Tihanyi, Assessment of repeated reactive agility performance in amateur soccer playersÉvaluation des prestations de joueurs de football non-professionnels dans les courses d’agilité réactive, Science & Sports, 32 (2017) 235-238. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scispo.2017.06.001
- Vladimir Zatsiorsky, Biomechanics in Sport: Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention, Wiley-Blackwell, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470693797
- O. İmamoğlu, E. Kılcıgil, Türkiye’deki minik futbolcularda reaksiyon zamanı, vital kapasite değerleri ve laterizasyon dağılımında solaklık sorunu, Spormetre Beden Eğitimi ve Spor Bilimleri Dergisi, 5 (2007) 95-100.
- M. Günay, K. Tamer, İ. Cicioğlu, Spor Fizyolojisi ve Performans Ölçümü, Ankara: Gazi Kitapevi, 2013: 467.
- B. Sanz, H. Arrieta, G. Hervas, C. Rezola-Pardo, F. Ruiz-Litago, M. Iturburu, S.M. Gil, A. Rodriguez-Larrad, J. Irazusta, Serum adiponectin is associated with body composition and cognitive and psychological status in older adults living in long-term nursing homes, Experimental Gerontology, 121 (2019) 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.exger.2019.03.005
- D. Semenick, Tests and Measurements: The T-test, Strength & Conditioning Journal, 12 (1990)36-37.
- T. Zwierko, B. Florkiewicz, S. Fogtman, A.K. Krzyzanowska, The ability to maintain attention during visuomotor task performance in handball players and non-athletes, Central European Journal of Sport Sciences and Medicine, 7 (2014) 99-106.
- T. Haugen, S. Seiler, Physical and physiological testing of soccer players: why, what and how should we measure? Sportscience, 19 (2015) 10-26.
- P.S. Bradley, C. Carling, A. Gomez Diaz, P. Hood, C. Barnes, J. Ade, M. Boddy, P. Krustrup, M. Mohr, Match performance and physical capacity of players in the top three competitive standards of English professional soccer, Human Movement Science, 32 (2013) 808-821. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2013.06.002
- M. Svensson, B. Drust, Testing soccer players. Journal of Sports Sciences, 23 (2005) 601-618. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410400021294
- F.S. Çınarlı, A.Ş. Kafkas, M.E. Kafkas, Relationship between linear running and change of direction performances of male soccer players, Turkish Journal of Sport and Exercise, 20 (2018) 93-99. https://doi.org/10.15314/tsed.418840
- M. Jovanovic, G. Sporis, D. Omrcen, F. Fiorentini, Effects of speed, agility, quickness training method on power performance in elite soccer players, The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 25 (2011) 1285-1292. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181d67c65
- A. Moradi, E.S. Damirchi, M. Narimani, S. Esmaeilzadeh, I. Dziembowska, L.B. Azevedo, W.L. Prado, Association between physical and motor fitness with cognition in children, Medicina, 55 (2019). https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina55010007
- Moradi A, Esmaeilzadeh S. Association between reaction time, speed and agility in schoolboys, Sport Sci Health, 11 (2015) 251-256. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11332-015-0230-4
- O. Şenel, H. Eroğlu, Correlation between reaction time and speed in elite soccer players, Journal of Exercise Science and Fitnesss, 4 (2006) 126-130.
- S. Jarvis, L.O. Sullivan, B. Davies, H. Wiltshire, J.S. Baker, Interrelationships between measured running intensities and agility performance in subelite rugby union players, Research in Sports Medicine, 17 (2009) 217-230. https://doi.org/10.1080/15438620903323892
- J.D. Vescovi, M.R. McGuigan, Relationships between sprinting, agility, and jump ability in female athletes, Journal of Sports Sciences, 26 (2008) 97-107. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410701348644
- W.B. Young, M.H. McDowell, B.J. Scarlett, Specificity of sprint and agility training methods, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15 (2001) 315-319.
- J.M. Sheppard, W.B. Young, Agility literature review: Classifications, training and testing, Journal of Sports Science, 24 (2006) 919-932. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410500457109
- A. Scanlan, B. Humphries, P.S. Tucker, V. Dalbo, The influence of physical and cognitive factors on reactive agility performance in men basketball players, Journal of Sports Sciences, 32 (2014) 367-374. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2013.825730
- T. Gabbett, J. Kelly, J. Sheppard, Speed, change of direction speed, and reactive agility of rugby league players, The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 22 (2008) 174-181. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e31815ef700
- T. Little, A.G. Williams, Specificity of acceleration, maximum speed, and agility in professional soccer players, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 19 (2005) 76-78. https://doi.org/10.1519/14253.1