The purpose of this study is to investigate the heart rate adaptations during deep dave diving with MCCR (mechanical closed circuit rebreather). Previous studies on this matter have not been conducted to the depths reached in this study and most of them have been conducted inside hyperbaric chambers trying to recreate the immersion conditions. The data collection took place during the exploration of two hydrogeological sites by a professional cave diver. The recordings were made using a SCUBAPRO GALILEO SOL® dive computer capable of monitoring the heart rate, with a sampling interval of 0,25 Hz. The data collected confirm a direct relationship between the increase in diving depth and the increase in the detected heart rate.
- E. Marongiu, A. Crisafulli, G. Ghiani, S. Olla, S. Roberto, M. Pinna, M. Pusceddu, G. Palazzolo, I. Sanna, A. Concu, & F. Tocco, Cardiovascular responses during free-diving in the sea, International Journal of Sports Medicine, 36 (2015) 297–301. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0034-1389969
- S.R. Schirato, I. El-Dash, V. El-Dash, J.E. Natali, P.N. Starzynski, & J.G. Chaui-Berlinck, Heart rate variability changes as an indicator of decompression-related physiological stress, Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine : Journal of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Inc, 45 (2018) 173–182. https://doi.org/10.22462/03.04.2018.4
- Y. Noh, H.F. Posada-Quintero, Y. Bai, J. White, J.P. Florian, P.R. Brink, & K.H. Chon, Effect of Shallow and Deep SCUBA Dives on Heart Rate Variability, Frontiers in Physiology, 9 (2018) 110. https://dx.doi.org/10.3389%2Ffphys.2018.00110
- C.M. House, A.M. Shaw, D.G. Roiz de Sa, Rebreather Unit to Prolong Underwater Survival Time, Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance, 86 (2015) 1028-1033. https://doi.org/10.3357/amhp.4267.2015
- J.D. Schipke, & M. Pelzer, Effect of immersion, submersion, and scuba diving on heart rate variability, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 35 (2001) 174-180. https://dx.doi.org/10.1136%2Fbjsm.35.3.174
- B.E. Walker, K. Tetzlaff, C.M. Muth, K. Paulat, & H. Hebestreit, SCUBA-Dive-Related Changes in Heart Rate in Children, Pediatric Exercise Science, 23 (2011) 388-398. https://doi.org/10.1123/pes.23.3.388
- F. Molenat, A. Boussuges, A. Grandfond, J.C. Rostain, J.M. Sainty, C. Robinet, F. GALLAND, J.L. Meliet, Haemodynamic effects of hyperbaric hyperoxia in healthy volunteers: an echocardiographic and Doppler study, Clinical Science, 106 (2004) 389-395. https://doi.org/10.1042/CS20030293
- F. Chouchou, V. Pichot, M. Garet, J.C. Barthélémy, & F. Roche, Dominance in cardiac parasympathetic activity during real recreational SCUBA diving, European Journal of Applied Physiolog, 106 (2009) 345-352. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-009-1010-0
- E. Barbosa, J.M. García-Manso, J.M. Martín-González, S. Sarmiento, F.J. Calderón, & M.E. Da Silva-Grigoletto, Effect of hyperbaric pressure during scuba diving on autonomic modulation of the cardiac response: application of the continuous wavelet transform to the analysis of heart rate variability, Military Medicine, 175 (2010) 61-64.https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-02-0808
- J. Hansel, K. Tetzlaff, D. Axmann, A.M. Niess, & C. Burgstahler, Effect of simulated dives on diastolic function in healthy men, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 112 (2012) 193-199. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-011-1953-9
- C. Marabotti, A. Scalzini, D. Menicucci, M. Passera, R. Bedini, & A. L'abbate, Cardiovascular changes during SCUBA diving: an underwater Doppler echocardiographic study, Acta Physiologica, 209 (2013) 62-68. https://doi.org/10.1111/apha.12112
- G. Bosco, E. De Marzi, P. Michieli, H.R. Omar, E.M. Camporesi, J. Padulo, A. Paoli, D. Mangar, M. Schiavon, 12-lead Holter monitoring in diving and water sports: a preliminary investigation, Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, 44 (2014) 202-207.
- F. Biorci, G. Cugliari, M. Lucchese, & M. Ivaldi, Effects of nutritional intake on performance in master athletes during an extreme ultra-trail, Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 15 (2019) 1-8. https://doi.org/10.14198/jhse.2020.154.07